A selected list of my essays and articles. Some of them have appeared in magazines, newspapers and academic collections. Click on the titles to read on Scribd.
- Graphic novels in India – a critical view of artistic styles. Article for Sahapedia, an online encyclopaedia on Indian arts. 2016.
- Article on manga author Yukichi Yamamatsu and his manga Stupid Guy Goes to India. 2012.
- Making comics in India under global capitalism- a testimony. Article for Chimurenga, a Cape Town based pan-African magazine. 2012
- A review of Bhimayana, a graphic biography of Dr. B.R.Ambedkar. 2011.
- A brief survey of Japanese comics. 2010. Written for a newspaper column but not published.
- An Art without a tradition: A survey of Indian comics. First published in Marg magazine, Vol.61, No.2, Dec. 2009.
- How to build a comics culture in India. 2009. An edited version published as Indian Comics and the Idea of Success, in the collection Shrapnel Minima, Writings from Humanities Underground, Seagull Books. 2014.
- Yaoi: A revolution in the comic form. Notes on the manga sub-genre ‘yaoi’ or ‘Boys Love’. 2009.
- THE ACTIONIST- Collected Blog Writings (2004-2009). Blog writing collected into book form. 2009.
- Cut and Paste. Poems and collages. 2009. A collection of student work.
Article on Mohiner Ghoraguli, Bengali rock music group. Published in Rave music magazine, 2006.
(CLICK ON IMAGE TO BUY)
First published 2009.
A rambling blog written as a youth, just out of film school. Collected here in book form. The themes are wide-ranging. These include comics, literature, cinema, visual art, pornography, the internet, music, religion, magic, esoteric ideas and current affairs.